Councillor Gordon Hook's Personal Blog

Welcome to my blog†

My name is Gordon Hook, Liberal Democrat Devon County Councillor for Newton Abbot South, Teignbridge District Councillor for Newton Abbot, Buckland & Milber, Haccombe-with-Combe Urban Wards, in South Devon.

The purpose of this site is to try and keep you informed about my role and provide you with information about developments at Devon County Council and Teignbridge District Council and our local Ward of Buckland & Milber, and Haccombe-with-Combe.

Since the County elections in June '09 my Committee responsibilities with Devon County Council have changed. I am now Chairman of Environment, Economy and Culture Scrutiny Committee. I am also a member of various other committees including Policy Overview Committee, the Standards Committee, Teignbridge County and Teignbridge Highways and Traffic Orders.

My Committee responsibilities with Teignbridge District Council include being the Executive Portfolio-Holder for Environmental Services.

I will clarify my responsibilities in future blogs...

Wednesday 24 February 2010

Cycleways

1) The work on the proposed new cycleway from Penn Inn to the Train Station with controlled road crossing at the junction of Brunel Road and Torquay Road is now scheduled to start on March 1st.

2) I have recently signed three petitions to The Prime Minister at 10 Downing Street. One calls for a 20 mph car speed restriction in all built up residential areas, another calls for measures to be introduced to reduce the commercially motivated attempts to make our children “grow up” before their time (this one organised by a local resident) and finally one calling for an end to the re commissioning of nuclear power stations in this country.

If you have the time and inclination then visit  http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/  and see for yourself what a vast range of petitions is available to sign up to.

0 Comments: